Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What Islam Has Become


LONDON (Reuters) - Police identified four men on Tuesday whom they suspected of carrying out last week's London bombings, raising the prospect that western Europe may have suffered its first suicide attack.

NETANYA, Israel (AP) - A suicide bomber blew himself up among a group of teens near a shopping mall in the seaside city of Netanya on Tuesday, killing himself and two women in the second such attack since a truce was declared five months ago.

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - The Muslim extremist on trial in the slaying of filmmaker Theo van Gogh admitted his guilt in court Tuesday, declaring he acted out of religious conviction and would do it again if given the chance. "I can't feel for you because I think you're a nonbeliever," he said. "I did it out of conviction," Bouyeri said. "If I ever get free, I would do it again."

Mark Steyn: "Islam has become the world's pre-eminent incubator of terrorism at its most depraved".